MDEC has proposed 7 areas of digitalisation that small businesses could benefit from under PENJANA initiative by the Malaysian government. These 7 key areas are:
- Digital Marketing / Sales
- ePOS (Electronic Points-of-Sales) Systems
- HR Payroll System / CRM (Customer relationship management)
- Remote Working
- ERP (Enterprise resource planning)/Accounting & Tax
To be eligible for application, please check if your company fulfils these following criteria (assume that your company is owned by Malaysian, at least 60% ownership; and is registered legally in Malaysia):
- The SME has been in operation for atleast one (1) year
- Company operation in one (1) year, company required to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM 100,000.
- Company operation > two(2) years, company required to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM 50,000 (preceding two (2) consecutive years).
The process and procedures are quite straightforward.
- Look for a service provider that could potentially supply you with your desired digital solution from this list of provider panels.
- Contact them directly and state your intention.
- The provider company will ask for your company documents. Typically it would be your SSM registration details, audited P&L statement for 1 or 2 years and Company M&A (Memorandum & Article).
- Fill and submit grant application form provided by BSN. Once completed, submit this form to your provider company.
- Submit all your documents to provider company. They will send the application to relevant parties. Wait for your application status.
- Once approved, a representative from BSN will contact you and invite you to sign Letter of Award document.
- Grant payment up to RM5,000 will be released to the provider company.
- Once confirmed, you could use the service of requested digital solutions from the provider company.
The whole process could take a month prior to application. Hope this helps!